Sunday, December 26, 2010

Stay Away

Stay away.

I cannot fall for you again.

I hope these words will keep me

from the curse of loving.

Rise oh mountains

and split my very soul.

Feel my strength

and cover me.

Quiet my pain

and dull my anguish.

Hide me in your shadows

and keep me still.

For I don’t want to feel again.

What is this?

Why, it is Bitterness.

Come.

Be my friend.

Let us dwell in our solitude together.

Oh no.

How did you find me.

No

Love…Don’t come any closer.

Can’t you see

I don’t want you to find me here.

Fly elsewhere

and leave me to myself.

I want no comfort any more.

Why feel what you can offer

if you will only be here for a moment.

Why tease me with thoughts

that your love will never cease.

Why lie to me

when you know I will only fall deeper.

Why quiet my storms

when they will only churn again.

Love

leave me to myself.

I cannot bear another unlit sky

when you are no longer here.

No!

Not your sweet whispers?

You know

that is my one true weakness.

Oh what have I done?

Not again.

No comments: