Sunday, December 26, 2010

Alone

Why can’t I walk away from this feeling
Why must your face plague my mind
Why can’t I leave the memories
Why can’t I run and hide

You left me… alone
To fight a battle I cant win
You left me….to cry
With a burning and yearning inside

How can I go on
Without your love to sustain me
How can I see the sun
When the darkness tries to claim me

You left me …alone
Battle worn and bruised
You left me…to face
A tomorrow without you

Though I’m shattered and torn
I bleed so heavily
So now I must stand
And reclaim a piece me

You’ll remember me one day
Although you walked away so cold
You’ll remember the laughs we shared
And the nights that turned to dawn

Why now…. Why here
Can’t you turn to see me
How come you can’t
Stand to see the pain you gave me

Look in my eyes and see
The fierceness in me

So now a chapter has ended
And the curtains are now drawn
Its over now the story’s done
The book is now closed

You left me…alone
To fight this battle by myself
With a rage inside
Tearing through the darkness and finding light.
Fighting a battle and winning a war
Happiness will one day find me
Happiness will one day find me
You’ll see
Happiness will one day find me

No comments: